So yesterday was my birthday! Ah! I’m 27. What the heck? How did I get so old?
I know people who are older than me are probably like shut up, you’re young, but I’m sure you felt the same way when you were my age!!!
Plus, am I the only one that still feels like a kid?!
Even though I’m 27, a wife, a homeowner and pregnant?
I thought when I got married and had my own place I’d feel like an adult finally, but nope. I really think once I have the baby I’ll finally feel like an adult.. Maybe.
So I thought it would be fun to write 27 fun facts about me, but lets see if I can get through them.
- I was born and raised in Brazil. I feel like I always have to include this fact because so many people assume my parents are Brazilian but I was born and raised in the US. Nope! I know, I’m super Americanized, I came here when I was 10 years old, I mean, I basically grew up here! But my whole entire family (besides my parents and brother) still live there! And yes, I do still speak and read and write Portuguese fluently, and I do hope my children will at least know how to speak it.
- When I was little I wanted to be an actress. Then I decided that I wanted to be a vet. Then I found out I would have to put animals to sleep and I was like no way. So I was like, eh I’ll be a teacher like my mom, but I want to be an actress the most. Well, I’m a teacher you guys.
- Speaking of being a teacher… I love being a teacher. With all the headaches that come along with it (what job doesn’t?) I really truly love it. I get to hang out with a bunch of kids all day, play around, make jokes, laugh with (at) them.. And I also teach them something here and there too! Just kidding! But for real, kids are hilarious! I wish I had a reality show.
- I have been with my husband since I was 19 years old. So many people told me “oh, he’s just your first love, people usually don’t end up with your first love..” Well! It can happen! You can marry your first love! I won’t say it’s easy when you’re super young, people grow up so much, and change sooooo much, but it can definitely happen! Like my friend says “It’s about both of you not giving up on the same day.”
- When I was in middle school I used to tell my best friend that I was going to get married at 25 and have kids at 27…………………….. It happened!
- I have been getting my nails done non-stop every 2-3 weeks religiously for the last 10 years. I just recently switched from acrylic to that new gel polish that’s supposed to last for 2 weeks but I’m still not sure about it. It is much healthier for my nails and baby too, so I think I’ll stick with it as long as I can. My nails are getting stronger and stronger so I think that in a few months I’ll be happy with them!
- I’m pretty crazy about pets! I’ve always wanted a little dog, a yorkie to be specific and my parents never let me get one, so when I got my own house and got married I was like yes! I can get a puppy now! Well.. My husband never liked dogs so he got me a hedgehog instead for Christmas 2013. I am obsessed with Dexter! He is my little love and he’s seriously the sweetest hedgehog you’ll ever meet, but let’s go over to fun fact #6…
- So last summer my friend Fernanda convinced my husband to take us to a puppy store and we ended up walking out with 2 puppies! Ha!!!!!! Zoey is a Malshi which is a Maltese Shihtzu mix and Cooper is a Morkie! Which is a Maltese Yorkie mix. They are only 1 month apart and I call them my twins. They love each other and even though people called me crazy for getting two puppies at once I think it was one of the best decisions I ever made. They keep each other company all day while hubby and I are at work, they cuddle together to sleep, they’re each other’s best friends. It’s so cute.
- I cry sometimes thinking about how I might neglect my pets when the baby comes. Not purposefully, I know it’s just going to naturally happen, sadly. I’m ashamed to say that it happened to Dexter when we got the pups… We don’t necessarily neglet him, what a nasty word, but we definitely have to share his time, when he used to be the only baby! But I’m going to try my hardest to give them ALL as much attention as I can. They’re so spoiled, and I think that they’re going to be so depressed! My babies!! 🙁
- I LOVE scary movies. They are my all time favorite. Even crappy scary movies I find entertaining haha! I don’t know why.. I guess because they always keeping you guessing till the end, unlike other genres which always follow the same plot, people always get a happy ending, everything is always peachy. Not saying that I don’t like a happy ending, but with scary movies you never know!
- My favorite color is blue. I don’t have a specific shade, but lighter blues and brighter blues. Not really a fan of cobalt or royal blue, unless they’re clothes. And not too light either like powder blue. Ha.
- I love to lay out. I’ve mentioned this before, but I seriously do. A lot of people might find it boring, it is! But I get such a nice tan, and the warmth of the sun on my skin.. AH!
- I love cupcakes but I hate frosting. Yes, I take all the frosting off of my cupcakes, so all those fancy ones with crazy frosting, I lick a little to taste it, then I’m done! So I would rather get a cupcake that has a nice “cake” haha!
- I love emojis! OMG and Apple knew it was my birthday yesterday so they released the new batch of emojis, where they added some and you can change the color and race of the people.. So cool! Update your phones people!!!!
- I am currently trying to “revamp” my wardrobe. I have so many clothes that I look at now and think “what was I thinking when I bought this?” and I am slowly (but surely) getting rid of so many clothes that have sentimental value to me, like my 30 different colored polos that were so in when I was in high school,.. Yup.
- Amazon.com is thebomb.com. I spend way too much money on that website. Don’t know what to get me? Amazon gift card is always the right choice! I’m that weirdo at the store, when I find something I want I check the price on Amazon before I buy it, no joke.
- I have over 40 pairs of bathing suits. Seriously.
- I love to cruise and so far I have been on at least one cruise every year since 2009. I’m slacking this year, but – pregnant.
- I love Halloween Horror Nights!!!!! My first time was in 2004, then I didn’t go for a while, but I have been going every single year, not missed one since 2007. I can’t do the Rush of Fear deal this year because baby will only be 2 weeks old, but I’m definitely going the last weekend of the event. I can’t miss it, I’ll be so sad!
- So yeah, Halloween is definitely my favorite holiday. Hocus Pocus is my jam! I love dressing up, forcing my husband to match me even though he tells me every year “next year we are NOT matching”… I win every year! Can you imagine with a baby now? The possibilities of cool costumes are ENDLESS!! I’m so excited, it’s going to be the best Halloween ever!!!
- I love decorating my house for every holiday! I just became a homeowner December of 2013 so I still don’t have a big collection of decorations, but I’m getting there!
- I love/hate to scrapbook. I love it because of the memories, and when I make a cool page I get so proud of myself. I hate it because it’s extremely expensive and time consuming. I’m like 3 years behind on my scrapbooking and I need to catch up. I do realize that now there are so many digital options, but nothing beats a homemade super customized scrapbook!
- As scared as I am of the responsibility, I really want to have my own business one day. I would love to open up a tutoring center and hire fellow teachers, or turn my little customizing business into something bigger.
- I love pictures and photography. I wish I had the money to spend on nice gear and classes. I wouldn’t mind if that was my full time job.
- When I was in middle/high school I had a pair of “Brazilian pants” in every color. Red, hot pink, light pink, dark blue, light blue, turquoise, beige, black, white, etc…….. Hey, they made my butt look GREAT!
- I wish I didn’t have to do anything with my hair, but I started getting grays when I was around 20-21 years old. So embarrassing! I can’t imagine what my hair will look like in 10 years!
- Speaking of hair, I had bleach blonde hair for a while! I miss being blonde sometimes but it completely destroyed my hair! My hair hasn’t been the same since! 🙁